There are currently 7 tree species available for customers to cut in the fields: Fraser Fir, Concolor Fir, White Pine, Norway Spruce, White Spruce, Blue/Colorado Spruce, and Serbian Spruce. Each tree has its own feel and smell. Each tree will stay fresh and retain its needles for different periods of time after it has been cut.
Species of trees and how long they usually last:
- Fraser Fir – 6 weeks
- Norway Spruce – 3 weeks
- White Spruce – 3 weeks
- Concolor Fir – 6 weeks
- Blue/Colorado Spruce – 3 weeks
- White Pine – 4 weeks
- Serbian Spruce- 3-4 weeks
Please note that we do not guarantee:
- That each tree species will be available for cutting every year
- That all species will be available in both Villages
- That trees will hold their needles for the time listed above. Real Christmas Trees are a crop and the length of needle retention can be impacted by many factors beyond our control, such as: rainfall throughout the year, weather trends through the season and even the genetics of that tree.