Sloan’s Village is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities. Services are to be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
1. We communicate with people with disabilities in ways that consider their disability.
2. A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person is allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. The support person is not required to pay the admission fee.
3. We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public unless the animal is otherwise excluded by law. If the animal is excluded by law, we ensure that other measures are taken to provide services.
4. Persons with disabilities are welcome to use their own personal assistive devices to benefit from our services.
5. In the event of a prolonged disruption to service or facilities for customers with disabilities (e.g., accessible washroom) on our farm, the general manager will notify the public promptly. Notice will be posted at the Front Entrance to Sloan’s Village. A prolonged disruption is one that is expected to last more than two hours.
6. Sloan’s Village will ensure training is provided to managers, employees and others who deal with the public on our behalf. New staff with be trained as soon as possible.
7. When anyone with a disability wants to access our public information (e.g., website), and they request an accessible format or communication support, we consult with them to determine their accessibility needs. We have the discretion to decide on the most appropriate accessible format or communication support, given the needs of the person and our capability to deliver.
8. Anyone with comments or concerns about the way we provide services to people with disabilities is encouraged to contact the “Get in Touch” form on our website or call our office at 519-471-4691. The owners will provide an acknowledgment within three business days. We will strive to provide public information in a manner that is timely and accessible, in formats suitable to the needs of the client.
9. A copy of this policy will be kept on the Sloan’s Village website and will also be made available in alternative formats upon request.